Holiday Luncheon for Employees & Retirees moved from Dec. 9 to Jan. 13
Cincinnati State's Annual (Virtual) Holiday Luncheon Celebration for College employees and retirees-- originally scheduled for Thursday, Dec. 9-- had to be postponed until Thursday, Jan. 13, 2022.
Workforce problems affecting the lunch catering service led to the postponement.
The Luncheon is sponsored by the Cincinnati State Foundation.
Free meals today... while supplies last
Some delicious boxed meals prepared by Funky's Catering for the College's Virtual Scholarship Recognition event on Dec. 2 were not claimed.
So if you'd like a free ready-to-heat meal (featuring Campanelle Pasta with Sun-Dried Tomatoes along with salad, dinner roll, and dessert), head to the Butchery Kitchen (ATLC 028, on the ATLC Lower Level across from the Game Room) between 11 a.m. and noon today, Dec. 3.
It's first come, first served, while supplies last.
Common Time on Dec. 6 includes CTL update and Academic Self-Study info
All College employees are invited to a virtual Common Time session on Monday, Dec. 6, from 3 to 4:30 p.m., featuring two topics:
- Julee Johns, Director of the Cincinnati State Center for Teaching & Learning (CTL) will preview a new initiative: the Higher Learning Commission Institute (HLCI). This new, active learning workshop will be available to the College community in Spring Semester 2022.
Julee also will discuss other CTL activities and learning opportunities.
- Provost Robbin Hoopes will share insights gained from the most recent Academic Self-Study Reports prepared by the College's program and department chairs.
Please join your colleagues for an informative session.
Join the Zoom Meeting: https://us06web.zoom.us/j/84144871108?pwd=TzVzMFFjdU0ydjJ4RlB4REFPamE0QT09
- Meeting ID: 841 4487 1108
- Passcode: 541411
Annual Fund Giving Challenge ends Dec. 10
The Annual Fund Giving Challenge for 2021-2022 will continue until Friday, Dec. 10.
- This internal fundraising campaign supports Cincinnati State students and College initatives through contributions to the Cincinnati State Foundation.
- All donations are appreciated, whether big or small.
When you turn in your pledge form, you're entered into drawings for gift cards.
The first drawing winner is Julie McLaughlin ($25 Skyline gift card).
Drawings will continue on Dec. 3, Dec. 6, and Dec. 8.
You can choose how you want to direct your gift-- options for giving are listed on on the pledge form (click to download the form).
You can select:
- a scholarship fund
- a division or campus fund that provides support for purchasing classroom equipment or other support for teaching and learning
- a special initiative such as CState Accelerate, the Career Closet, the Surge Pantry Food Cupboard, or other projects and services
Team Captains for this year's Giving Challenge are:
- Business Technologies - Nadine Christman and Paula Kirch Smith
- Engineering & Information Technologies - George Armstrong and John Thomas
- Health & Public Safety - Patricia Christos and Milene Donlin
- Humanities & Sciences - Daniel Anderson and Heather Hatchett
- Workforce Development Center - Krystal Wright
- Enrollment & Student Development - Jesse Brown and Kevin Wesselman
- Special Ops - Patty Edwards and Tamaree Smith
To turn in your pledge:
- If you choose to donate via payroll deduction, you can give your completed pledge card to a Team Captain, or email the form to Kim Taylor (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Payroll deduction pledges will begin with the Dec. 24, 2021, pay period and continue for 14 pay periods, until June 24, 2022
- If you are writing a check, please send your pledge form and check to Kim Taylor, Alumni and Development Affairs Manager, Cincinnati State, 3520 Central Parkway, ATLC 337, Cincinnati, OH 45223
- If you are on Clifton Campus, you may drop off your pledge form in ATLC Room 352
For questions or more information about the Annual Fund Giving Challenge, contact Kim Taylor (email@example.com or 513-378-6314).
Pressley Ridge Giving Tree for 2021 helps kids and teens
Cincinnati State employees have partnered for the past 5 years with Pressley Ridge to provide holiday gifts for children (infants through teens) in the agency’s foster care program.
If you're able to, please consider supporting the "Virtual Giving Tree" this year, or please consider sharing information with friends and family members who might want to help.
Pressley Ridge is a non-profit organization that provides diverse services for children, adults, and families who are facing difficult challenges and complex situations.
The 2021 Virtual Giving Tree is available via Facebook. You can view the kids' wish lists, and "adopt" a child or teen to buy gifts for.
To find the post:
- Pressley Ridge Cincinnati is the group
- Go to events: 2021 Virtual Giving Tree
- Go to discussion and scroll down to post with ornaments and then share in the bottom right corner
There is no set expenditure-- you're welcome to provide one item from the child's wish list, or several items. All contributions are appreciated.
- Pressley Ridge asks that you send unwrapped gifts (via Amazon or another service) to their Butler County office at 734 Dayton St., Hamilton, OH 45011. Gifts should arrive no later than Dec. 17.
- If you want to drop off gifts yourself, you can arrange a time to visit the Pressley Ridge office at 7162 Reading Rd, Suite 900, Cincinnati OH 45237.
- Pressley Ridge also accepts monetary donations on their website.
If you have questions, reach out to Paul Weingartner (firstname.lastname@example.org), who is coordinating activities with Pressley Ridge this year.
Sign up now to welcome new students in January
Faculty and staff volunteers are needed to serve as "greeters" when Spring Semester begins in January.
Volunteers will welcome new and returning students to Clifton Campus on Tuesday, Jan. 18, through Thursday, Jan. 20, as well as on Jan. 22 and 23.
- Volunteer greeters will be on duty at 10 campus locations, between 8 and 11 a.m. each day.
- To sign up to assist, visit https://www.signupgenius.com/go/4090E48A4A72BABFA7-welcome
Lunch menu update for Dec. 3
Today's hot lunch options at the Overlook are:
- Cheeseburger Basket - $5
- Chicken Tender Basket - $4.75
- Hot Dog Basket - $3
Overlook hot lunch specials - Dec. 6-10
The hot lunch specials from Kate's Catering at the Overlook for Dec. 6-10 are:
- Hot Sandwich Monday, Dec. 6 - Three Cheese Grilled Cheese + Tater Tots / Mac n' Cheese ($7)
- Mexican Tuesday, Dec. 7 - Seven-layer Dip Burritos + French Fries ($7)
- Pasta Wednesday, Dec. 8 - Veggie Baked Ziti + Garlic Bread / Mac n' Cheese ($7)
- Thursday, Dec. 9 - Caramelized Onion Swiss Hamburger + Tater Tots ($7)
- Friday, Dec. 10 - Salisbury Steak + Mashed Potatoes / Broccoli / Mac n' Cheese ($7)
- Common Time presentations posted on PACE Results and Pres. Posey Social Media
- Career Closet is open in Summer by appointment
- Today is the deadline for FY22 purchase orders; P-Card deadline is May 21
- Online Learning Support for May 16-19 offers Blackboard 101 & Bb Office Hours
- I-75 / I-74 Construction Update - May 16-18
- I-75 / I-74 Construction Update - May 13-16
- Faculty member received award from professional surveyors organization
- CS volunteers for Great Parks clean up were featured on WCPO
- It's lucky 13 day
- Financial Aid Office will be closed on May 23